Schedule of NASA AZ Track Events
To register for any of the below events, click here (or cut and paste this link –> https://www.nasaproracing.com/events) to be re-directed to the NASA National site where you can sign up for any NASA event.
NOTE: Reg is only open for the “upcoming” (or current) event. Future events do not open until *after* the current event is over.
- Jan 27/28, 2018: Wild Horse Pass “West Track” (CCW Sat / CW Sun TBD) double points!
- Feb 17 & 18, 2018: Chuckwalla (CW Sat / CCW Sun)
- Mar 24/25, 2018: Wild Horse Pass “East Track”
- April 21/22, 2018: Bondurant Track w/looper (i.e. includes T1-T2 of WHP Main)
- May 19/20, 2018: Arizona Motorsports Park (CW Sat / CCW Sun) / NOTE: Competition vehicles may attend EITHER AMP or for those that do not pass sound at AMP, may attend “Autoclub Speedway” (Crossover event with So Cal – Fontana, CA) to earn local AZ points for their respective TT and/or Race class
- June 9, 2018: Wild Horse Pass “East Track” (1/2 day morning only – summer format)
- July, 2018: No events
- Aug, 2018: No events
- Aug 25, 2018: East (1/2 day morning only – summer format)
- Sept 13-16, 2018: NASA National Championship @ COTA!!!
- Oct 13 & 14, 2018: Arizona Motorsports Park (CW Sat / CCW Sun)
- Nov 17/18, 2018: Bondurant Track
- Dec 1 & 2, 2018: Wild Horse Pass “Main Track” (double points – Enduro TBD)
Team Safety Driving School
The finest defensive driving school in Arizona (and possibly the entire country) and geared just for teenagers/new drivers!http://teamsafetydrivingschool.org/
Details Event Schedules
These can be found in our “Registration” section of our online forum here. Please note that we need to see registration trends before the exact schedule can be put together as there are many dependencies and the size of each group needs to be determined/estimated before a draft schedule can be posted. In general, here is what drivers can expect:
- A draft schedule is typically posted on our forum about 2 weeks before the event and adjusted real time when necessary as additional entries come in
- All drivers need to attend the drivers meeting on Sat morning @ 7:30AM (for most events)
- First group of cars will be on track by 7:50-8:00AM
- HPDE drivers will get four 20 minute sessions per day
- Time Trial competitors will typically get four competition sessions per day. NOTE: We split all the TT competitors into two groups which we refer to as “Small Bore” and “Big Bore” which is generally TTB-TTF and TTU-TT3. When the groups are split, each group gets 15 mins. If the two groups are combined, then it is a 20 minute session.
- All pre-registered drivers will receive an email with a subject line “NASA Arizona – Final Event Details” on Wednesday or Thursday night (before a Sat/Sun weekend event) and that email will include a confirmed final schedule along with everything you need to know about the event.
- HPDE1 drivers should receive an additional welcome letter from the Chief Driving Instructor with additional first timer info on either Wednesday or Thursday (2-3 days before) the event. HPDE1 will also have three classroom sessions on Saturday with the first session starting immediately after the morning drivers meeting. NOTE: There is typically no option to do HPDE1 on Sunday only.